Monday, April 7, 2008

The Fishermen


This is a video of a puppet performance done by adolescents at an English summer school. As you will see, it is a political comment on the way humans treat the earth. The authors not only wrote the script, made the puppets, constructed and painted the decor, but they also sewed everything by hand, including the curtains!

1 comment:

Sara Ann Sexton said...

Hey Heather!!
How old are these adolescents? Because I am simple amazed by this video! Those kids must of put so much effort in this and it shows! I think that it can be difficult to make ESL interesting for teenagers, but these kinds of projects get them so motivated and the final result is always so rewarding!
Furthermore, you said that they wrote the script, now I must admit that before watching it, I would of never imagined it being so meaningful. I guess it just goes to show that too often we underestimate our students and that if we get them to accomplish something original they will fully invest themselves!
Did you create this project? If so, my most sincere congratulations!!