A dear friend asked me to share my feelings
About this humble and reverent king
That we were fortunate enough to behold
For such a brief moment.
Little did I know back then
About this immense fountain of knowledge
Separating my world from his
That could so justly feed my curiosity
About the world surrounding me.
But from this withering fountain
I felt nothing but dryness
As I learned with absolute dismay
About his imminent departure.
I already miss him dearly
But he will most likely not miss me
As I am but one insignificant being
Out of so many
Who crossed his path at the wrong time.
So, I guess that I can only say
With complete honesty to Mr. Duffley
That I hope he recovers from this obscure curse
So that again may he fill
With wisdom and integrity
This fountain of knowledge
Separating him from me.
Christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment