I took the time to give some constructive feedback to one of my teachers today. For the sake of privacy, I will refer to this teacher as Fred. It would appear, judging by Fred’s reaction, that my feedback was not appreciated. As I watched the teacher’s back hurry out the door and down the hallway, away from the conversation, I experienced the pleasure of recognition, and I made myself a promise: I will never do this to one of my students. For all my hard headedness, and I do have one hard head, when I am wearing my teacher’s hat, unlike Fred, I listen to my students comments. I consider these comments to be akin to a gift. Well, today I offered a gift to one of my teachers, but I learned that much like God, Fred already has everything Fred needs…and I am not one of those things. So much for the student being at the center of his/her learning. Way to go Fred!
Todd